As a Cognitive Science major, you will learn to bring a variety of different perspectives together. You will become familiar with some of the oldest questions in Philosophy and the most recent findings in the Sciences. Questions that you will encounter include:
- What is the relationship between philosophy, psychology, computer science, and linguistics?
- What is the relationship between the mind and the brain?
- How does the technology used to study the brain work, and what assumptions must we make to use it?
- How can we best explain human abilities like language, reasoning, problem-solving, and memory?
- What is the connection between language and thinking?
- How can we best understand various cognitive disorders?
- How does human cognition differ from the cognition of other animals, such as the great apes?
- To what extent is cognition innate, and to what extent is it acquired through experience?